Alexa for Pepe Jeans

7.7.10

Pepe Jeans Fall/Winter 2010 campaign. Set in the streets of London, I sense an urban-chic vibe going on here. Seems like the black and white trend going on with A/W campaigns (think Valentino, Yves Saint Laurent, Versace, Bottega Veneta) has carried right on with this one. Perhaps its because Alexa Chung is featured or the appeal of models Gaspard Menier and Jon Kortajarena; but I have to say, I actually quite like it. The photos capture a certain attitude of of just hanging out with friends, and just going about your daily business. And that I can relate to, even if you "daily business" involves sitting on a bench staring out into space all focusing on different things. 

 image credit: denimology.com

Speaking of daily business, I was at the park yesterday on a day that could neither get more humid nor any hotter (as you can tell by popping veins in my arms-a scary fact). I got a little distracted when this squirrel decided to join me. Half terrified that it would plop right atop my head, I hurriedly moved off the bench and watched as it climbed up the tree and began to strike different poses. I had a short photo session, and this brown squirrel was the perfect little model. Ha!



It's my darling sister's birthday today. HAPPY BIRTHDAY DOLL. She is the most loving big sister (I've got to add the 'big' to avoid controversy with my little one. See what I'm doing there?), bringing out the best in me. And what's more, she takes most of my photos on here despite my lack of innate posing abilities. Ha! I love you lots sweetface. Hope your day is half as sweet as you.

Apologies for the mish-mash going on with this post. I guess it sort of describes me a little bit.

Thanks for stopping by everyone, and for taking the time to read my words and leave a comment.  It means a lot! I do read each comment, and try to make time to visit your blogs (if you have one) and retaliate. I do have to run now though, but I'll be dropping by soon-est.

Bisous,
Abs

28 Contributions:

sarahannnoel said...

Love this editorial, and I love the outfit you're wearing!

So glad you stopped by my blog this weekend! Hope to keep in touch with you.

sarahannnoel.com

Is This Real Life? said...

such beautiful pictures, alexa looks awesome!

jolie jamie said...

I love Alexa, her style is amazing. Just amazing!
Looking forward to following your blog doll!! xx
If your on twitter - @jamielovelove

Jamie

Bianca said...

great great post!


http://crumpetsandt.blogspot.com

F.P. said...

really cute shooting!!!

Becca [Free Honey] said...

I love the photos of Alexa. I always adore here, she has a certain accessible coolness about her that I think really gets me. Like, if you were to meet her you'd be able to hang out with her and grab a drink and really enjoy yourself!

jasmen said...

with i looked that good 'just hanging out'! hehe

thequietingmuses said...

Great pics, I love how effortless her beauty is

http://thequietingmuses.blogspot.com/

BEK F said...

Gosh I love Alexa! Love this post :)

Bek xx
http://voyeur-ist-ic.blogspot.com

ej said...

alexa = gorgeous

http://amillionloves.blogspot.com

TheStreetFashion5xpro said...

Gorgeous post!
Lovely blog.

Fashion By He said...

great outfit, love the blog

come follow the first ever fashion blog from a Guys POV, let He know what you think

fashionbyhe.blogspot.com

Abi said...

Thanks for stopping by everybody :)

@jolie Jamie: thanks so much for following ;)

@SarahAnn: I hope so too!

@Becca: I do agree on the "accessible coolness". She looks like my kind of mate. I would love to hang out in her closet too, and maybe take a few goodies home with me.

@filthy g: wish I looked that good just "hanging out" too. And wish I had someone like Jon and Gaspard to "just hang out" with. Ha!

Froso M. said...

Alexa proves once again that she is a style icon for a reason, i love her and I love your look too! Many many kisses!

Abi said...

Yes she did Froso. Thanks for stopping by :)

Anonymous said...

great great blog and fabulous pictures.
follow me and i'll follow you for sure :)

Unknown said...

I haven't seen this campaign yet! Amazing pictures! She looks great here!

Also you look lovely in that dress!!

I'm following!

Diana said...

i love alexa!! shes stunning

follow me!

dressedupallligators.blogspot.com/

Cupcake.Fashionista said...

I have to say, you have such a beautiful skin tone! And that picture of you is lovely! The lighting hits you perfectly. The print is very beautiful!
Also, love the squirrels!

Chicity said...

I know me too, Im just crazy about Proenza Schouler!! Great blog you have here ;)

Sootjeelina said...

That squirrel is so cute :) And happy birthday to your sister! And I love your outfit and the Pepe Jeans campaign!
Btw, thanks for leaving a comment on my blog, I really appreciate it :D

xoxo Sootjeelina <3

christinecocochanel said...

Alexa Chung is asbolutely beautiful :) i love her pepe jeans campaign! Love your dress that you're wearing in the photo :)

http://christinecocochanel.blogspot.com/

Luna : said...

frankly anything with alexa is going to be kickass

Abi said...

@Tasha: thank you kindly for following :)

@Cupcake Fashionista: Thanks kindly :) It's good to know the summer heat is coming in handy after all!

@Sootjeelina: thanks you, you're so sweet. I'll be sure to let my sister know.

@Christinefong: thanks you ;)

@Luna: I have to agree with you there. She does have that magic!

alexiaki said...

Alexa is amazing once more
I love the bag in the forth picture with the striped dress, maybe I'll find it !

http://fashionizin.blogspot.com/

Abi said...

Good eye alexiaki. I had overlooked that bag earlier. Quite snazzy! Hopefully you find it, let me know if/when you do. Might need to grab one for myself too ;)

bravegrrl said...

love this editorial and alexa :) and you look cute in your floral :)

Abi said...

Thanks bravegrrl. x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blog contents © Style Bouquet 2011. Blogger Theme by Nymphont.